Dnet Email: Thunderbird Setup
Remember that you can check your email by going to email.dnet.net. If you don’t remember your password then please give us a call and we will help you reset it.
- username should be your full dnet.net email address
- Incoming server: email.dnet.net
- Incoming port: 993 for IMAP or 995 for POP3
- Make sure that SSL is turned on for incoming server
- Outgoing (SMTP) server: email.dnet.net
- Outgoing port: 465. Encryption type is SSL. – OR – Outgoing port: 587 . Encryption type is STARTTLS.
- If there is a check box for “My outgoing server requires authentication“, then check it.
- Uncheck the box that says “Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)“.
Use manual setup to add a POP or IMAP email account in Thunderbird for Windows. You can use these instructions to add a POP or IMAP account to Thunderbird.
Step 1: Open the Account Settings: In the Thunderbird menu bar, click the menu and select , or click the Application menu button and select and from the sub-menu.
Step 2: At the bottom of the left pane, click the Account Actions button and select Add Mail Account.
Step 3: Enter your email account details and press Continue. Thunderbird will try to determine your account settings based on the domain portion of your email address (that is, the portion after the “@” symbol).
Step 4: Press Manual Configuration and edit the server names, ports and IMAP/POP to manually set up the the account. Click Re-test to test your manual settings; there should be a quick response indicating the settings are valid. If not, press the Stop button to abort the lookup, then edit the server names, ports and IMAP/POP and click Re-test again.
Step 5: Save.
If you believe your public IP address is blocked then please give us a call. Too many login attempts, incorrect password in your email client, or incorrect settings could cause a block. We block IP addresses to maintain excellent security. What is my IP address?