Dnet Email: Outlook Setup
Remember that you can check your email by going to email.dnet.net. If you don’t remember your password then please give us a call and we will help you reset it.
- username should be your full dnet.net email address
- Incoming server: email.dnet.net
- Incoming port: 993 for IMAP or 995 for POP3
- Make sure that SSL is turned on for incoming server
- Outgoing (SMTP) server: email.dnet.net
- Outgoing port: 465. Encryption type is SSL. – OR – Outgoing port: 587 . Encryption type is STARTTLS.
- If there is a check box for “My outgoing server requires authentication“, then check it.
- Uncheck the box that says “Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)“.
Use advanced setup to add a POP or IMAP email account in Outlook for Windows. You can use these instructions to add a POP or IMAP account to Outlook.
Step 1: Open Outlook and select File > Add Account.
Step 2: On the next screen, enter your email address, select Advanced options, then check the box for Let me set up my account manually and select Connect.
Step 3: Select your account type. Most of the time when you need to use this option, you’ll select IMAP.
Step 4: The Account settings screen should be pre-populated with most of the account settings you need. However, if you need to look up your settings, see the POP and IMAP account settings topic. Enter your incoming and outgoing server settings and then select Next.
Step 5: Enter your password and then select Connect.
If you believe your public IP address is blocked then please give us a call. Too many login attempts, incorrect password in your email client, or incorrect settings could cause a block. We block IP addresses to maintain excellent security. What is my IP address?